TASC Awards Scholarships to Top-Performing Children of Employees
July 6, 2012
Chantilly, VA – TASC, Inc. has selected eight outstanding students to receive individual scholarship awards through the company’s scholarship program for employees’ children. Students were selected based on numerous criteria, including academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, and participation in work, school and community activities.
The 2012 TASC scholarship recipients are:
- Erin Ely, Wake Forest University, biology
- Christopher Fertal, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, chemical engineering
- Melissa Haslam, Virginia Commonwealth University, psychology
- Alexandra Lasley, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, biology
- John Magerko, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, electrical engineering
- Conor Mettenburg, University of Virginia, engineering
- Kelly Parker, Stanford University, chemical engineering
- Joshua Stallings, Colorado Christian University, global studies
"TASC is delighted to recognize these outstanding students for their academic accomplishments, leadership and commitment to learning," says Kaye Davis, vice president of HR Services, Systems and Operations. "By supporting their education, we hope to inspire them to become the next generation of thought leaders in their fields."
This is TASC’s third year awarding scholarships to assist employees’ children who are continuing their undergraduate education full time in college or vocational school.